close
Home

Common Problems Found In Home Inspections

A home inspection could give you a clear idea of all the problems that could occur in a household. Generally, weather conditions and other severe factors are responsible for a house to get into issues like leakage, leafy ceilings, etc. In such cases, a home inspection could become necessary. 

If you plan to sell your house or get a new place, a home inspection will always benefit you. However, before a review, there are some common problems that you should be aware of. These problems are detected after the inspection. 

Being aware of the common problems found in home inspections would help you deal with them better. It would help if you looked at Inspection batiment et thermography certifié MCM before you decide to have your home inspected.

  • Roofing problems 

The primary aspect that guarantees the safety of a home is the roof. The roof must be free of any issue that could lead the house and its members to unfavorable conditions as the years pass, the home ages along with its top. Hence, finding problems related to the house’s roof is a common occurrence. The roofing material used during the construction of the house can be damaged due to water leakage or intrusion. Such roof problems can lead one to hefty expenses when trying to repair it. A home inspection would ensure proper installation of roofing materials to avoid premature aging. 

  • Draining or grade slopping

This type of problem is associated with the foundation of the home. The foundation is an essential part of the house. Water leakage or intrusion into the foundation’s roots could be potentially risky for the house. Hence, you must pay close attention to the foundation’s condition when having your home inspected. 

  • Electrical wiring 

The majority of house fires are caused by poor electrical wiring. The home inspector would pay close attention to the wiring of the house. New homes have multiple outlets and significant power through the wiring. You might have witnessed extension cords running through one room to another. 

If the material of the wire is faulty or corroded from the inside, it will likely cause a fire in the electrical unit. Also, exposed electrical wires in older houses are a common problem. One could experience high voltage shocks if they touch the wires accidentally. It would be in your best interest to have your home inspected by an inspector or at least an electrician to ensure no one gets hurt. 

Leave a Response