What are smart thermostats? How do they work? Where to get them and is there any on-going smart thermostat sale? Here is all you need to know about this technology.
Smart home devices have essentially changed the average American lifestyle and for the better. In particular, smart thermostats have been the recent rave and for all the right reasons. For those who find themselves just as amazed by this latest development in the thermostat world, this article is for you. Today, we are going to learn everything about smart thermostats.
So What Are Smart Thermostats?
Similar to any smart device, a smart thermostat is the same as a regular thermostat, only that it can be controlled with a mobile application that is downloadable onto smartphones, tablets, or any other smart device including your television set (if it’s a smart TV). What’s more is that many of these variants also allow for voice control enabling, whereby users can sync the devices to their smart speakers like the Amazon Echo or the Google Nest Mini for instance.
Smart thermostats are the latest generation of thermostats that are convenient, fast, automated, and able to adjust according to user preferences through restoration and use of data.
How Is A Smart Thermostat Different From Regular Thermostat?
A regular thermostat detects using the knowledge of the temperature as to when to turn the fan/AC on or off. It has a bunch of wires that connect with all the right electrical connections, including the fan and the AC. After setting the desired temperature on the thermostat, it automatically switches off the heating/cooling when the desired temperature of the room has been achieved.
A smart thermostat works in the same way but can do so remotely as well. With that, it also offers many other features which we will be talking about further in this article.
Recently, users have switched from the traditional thermostat to a smart one mostly for the feature of remote control. Not only are these smart thermostats sophisticated looking and can easily fit into any home aesthetic given that they come in many sizes, shapes, and different technological features, but they are also compatible with smartphones and smart speakers (voice assistants to be precise), and not a hassle to connect. Either by the virtue of being connected to the same Wi-Fi, or having personal log-in added, smart thermostats can be controlled even when the user is not home.
What Are Its Features?
Depending on the model, the brand, and also how recent or new its backend automation is, a smart thermostat offers some pretty cool features. Here are some common ones that you would find in almost every smart thermostat.
- Learning, adapting, and adjusting automatically to your cooling and heating preferences.
- Automatically adjusting the indoor temperature to the outside temperature, in order to make the indoor space cozy.
- Detecting problems in your HVAC system and also dust in the duct, etc.
- Sending alerts to your mobile devices when a system needs an update or the air filter needs to be changed.
- Reporting on your energy consumption and suggestions on how to save energy consumption and bills alongside.
- Reduce or increase hot and cold spots in the room depending on that room’s temperature.
- Some smart thermostats also come with geofencing; the incorporation of geofencing enables the thermostat to track your location so it can automate switching the device when you are home and whenever you are away.
- In addition to the brilliant features and automation, installing a smart thermostat will also save you money by simply automating and adjusting the temperature of the room as per your settings. With features including geofencing, setting schedules, sending you timely updates of weather forecasts and if any maintenance is needed, sensory automation, and also adjusting the heating and cooling according to the preference of the residence keeping into account the outside temperature – it cuts back on the monthly utility bills and makes the comfort of having a thermostat even more comfortable.
- Room sensors work to detect if anyone is in the room and then automate the power of the device and also adjust the temperature accordingly. Similarly, it would do the same but in a customized manner for another room. This and other similar technological advancements make it more convenient to have a smart thermostat and with several options on sale at the moment, users can even be more selective about it.
Sounds tempting, doesn’t it? A smart thermostat may seem expensive to some of you and understandably so, but consider the device an investment into your home, as with any smart device you purchase and install into your home, given the technology and plethora of benefits they bring along with them. Check out the smart thermostat collection at FirstEnergy Home and browse through the variety of smart thermostats available to be purchased at some great steal prices! Head on over to www.firstenergyhome.com today!